English Speaking Club-Osvita, Meeting #432 "Plagiarism and Piracy"
Time: November 15, 18:30 - 20:00
Place: Voskeresenska St. 23, Department of Literature in Foreign Languages, Dnipro Central Municipal Library
1. What is plagiarism?
2. Why do you think people plagiarize?
3. Have you ever broken copyright rules?
4. Why did you do this, if you did?
5. If you are against CD burning, massive photocopying and pirate copies, what are your reasons for this? Have you ever had material on your webpage plagiarized?
a. What did you do about it?
b. Were you actions successful?
6. What do you think of the growing trend in downloading ready-made essays etc from the Internet?
7. What do you think of the growing trend in downloading music etc from the Internet?
8. How can countries prevent plagiarism?
9. Which countries are know for plagiarism?
10. What is piracy?
11. What kind of things can be pirated?
12. Have you ever seen pirated goods for sale?
13. Why are pirated products cheaper?
14. Do you think that pirated products are just as good?
15. Where can you buy pirated products in your country?
16. When you buy things online, are you worried they might be pirated?