English Speaking Club-Osvita, Meeting #429 "Ukrainian Customs and Traditions"
Time: October 25, 18:30 - 20:00
Place: Voskeresenska St. 23, Department of Literature in Foreign Languages, Dnipro Central Municipal Library
Ukrainian Customs and Traditions
1. What comes to your mind when you think of customs and traditions?
2. What folk traditions do you find the most fascinating, and why?
3. Are the traditions in different regions of Ukraine different?
4. What traditions and customs do you find obsolete or funny?
5. What traditions do you keep to?
6. Do you like traditional Ukrainian cuisine? What dishes do you like the most?
7. What historical events influenced Ukrainian habits?
8. In your opinion, why do Ukrainians not smile in the streets?
9. Are you a superstitious person? What folk superstitions do you know?
10. Do you use to sit for a minute in silence before the departure? Or maybe you believe that a broken dish brings happiness?
11. What does it mean to be family-oriented? Are most people you know family-oriented?
12. Do you and your friends ask people too personal questions about life, earnings, and relationships?