Запрошуємо всіх зацікавлених на зустріч англійського розмовного клубу. Зустрічі відбуваються щочетверга о 18:30 у приміщенні Дніпровської Центральної міської бібліотеки.
English Speaking Club-Osvita, Meeting #450 "Multiculturalism"
Time: March 21, 18:30 - 20:00
Place: Voskeresenska St. 23, Department of Documents in Foreign Languages, Dnipro Central Municipal Library
Nouns Adjectives Verbs
Segregation Ethnic Immigrate
Minority Homogenous Emigrate
Diversity Heterogeneous Migrate
Refugee Indigenous Assimilate
- Do you live in a multicultural country?
- Have you ever visited a multicultural city? If so, what identified the city as being multicultural? What were your impressions?
- What are the benefits of multiculturalism?
- Can you think of any negatives of multiculturalism?
- Do you think it is possible for a multicultural city to retain its national identity?
- The Prime Minister of Britain recently said that multiculturalism had failed in Britain because different cultures were segregated within the country and not mixing. How could this problem be solved?
- Why do you think some country’s leaders do not want their nation to become multicultural?
- Can you think of a city or country where multiculturalism works successfully?
- Is multiculturalism good for world peace and understanding?
- Some schools adopt multicultural education where the children are taught about the practices and traditions of different cultures. What are the benefits of such an education?
- When immigrants arrive in a new country, do you think they should be required to learn the language of that country? Why / Why not?
- Should countries offer special programs to immigrants to help them adapt in their new country. What do you think such programs should include?
- Can multiculturalism result in a country losing its identity?
- Do you think the whole world will eventually become a ‘melting pot’ of different races and cultures?
- What has surprised you when you've met people from other countries?
- How do young people in your culture behave differently from older people?
- Are there people of different cultures in your country? Are you friends with any of them?
- What other cultures have you met people from?
- Have you ever felt confused by the actions of someone from another culture? If so, tell me about it.
- What are the five most important values of your culture? (For example, Family)
- What in your culture are you most proud about?
- If you could change one thing about your culture, what would it be?
- Would you ever consider marrying or dating someone from another culture?
- Would you ever consider living permanently in a country other than your home country? Why or why not?
- Do you think "when in Rome, do as the Romans do" is always good advice? Why or why not? Have you ever been in a situation where you felt you had to "do as the Romans do"?
- What do you think is important when visiting another culture?
- If a group of people just came to your country from overseas, what advice would you give them?
- What culture besides your own do you admire? Why?