English Speaking Club-Osvita, Meeting #464 “Wonders of the World”
Time: July 4, 18:30 - 20:00
Place: Voskeresenska St. 23, Department of Documents in Foreign Languages, Dnipro Central Municipal Library
List of the 7 wonders:
• The Great Wall of China
• Chichen Itza, pyramid, Mexico
• Taj Mahal, India
• Petra, Jordan
• Machu Pichu, Peru
• The Colosseum, Rome
• Christ the Redeemer, Brazil
1. What images spring to mind when you hear the phrase ‘Seven Wonders of the World’?
2. Do you think the ancient wonders of the world are better than the modern ones?
3. What do you think the seven modern wonders of the world are?
4. What wonders of the natural world do you like most?
5. Do you think they should try to rebuild those of the Seven Wonders of the World that have disappeared?
6. Which do you think is more impressive – building the Pyramids or the world’s tallest building (the Burj Dubai in the UAE)?
7. Do you think sites like the Taj Mahal, the Sydney Opera House, the Eiffel Tower, etc are real wonders?
8. If you could design a wonder of the world, what would you design?
9. In what ways are you a wonder of the world?
10. What are the seven wonders of the sea?
11. What are the seven wonders of the world?
12. What are the wonders of your daily world?
13. What makes a wonder a wonder?
14. Why do you think that there are only seven?
15. Which of the Seven wonders of the world do you think is the most impressive?
16. Why do you think mankind let most of the Seven Wonders of the World disappear?
17. Why did whoever decide on just (or as many as) Seven Wonders of the World?
18. Who decides what the wonders of the world are?
19. Is it important to have an official list of the wonders of the world?
20. What will the future Seven Wonders of the World look like?
21. Which people are wonders of the world?
22. What are some of the worst sites of the world?