English Speaking Club-Osvita, Meeting #468 “Singleness”
Time: August 1, 18:30 - 20:00
Place: Voskeresenska St. 23, Department of Documents in Foreign Languages, Dnipro Central Municipal Library
The waiting game - the process of waiting for something you wish to obtain/achieve, in this case a partner
Your heart sinks – when you feel disappointed and discouraged
Soulmate - a person ideally suited to another as a close friend or romantic partner
Match made in heaven – a relationship that is likely to be happy and successful because the two people are very compatible with each other
Head over heels (in love) – to be completely in love
Find Mr Right - to find the right partner, to find the person you want to marry
Love at first sight - to fall in love with someone or something the first time that you see him or her or it
1. What are some of the advantages of being single?
2. What are some disadvantages of being single?
3. What are some of the differences between married life and single life? Are the differences the same for men and women?
4. What are the main reasons some people live a single life?
5. Do you think most people that are single are happy or unhappy?
6. Do you think it is easier for a man or a woman to be single?
7. What are some life events or times of the year when it might be difficult to be single?
8. Do you think that there is a soulmate somewhere for everyone?
9. In your country, what do people think about a woman who is unmarried?
10. What do people think about a man who is unmarried?
11. What are the advantages of having a partner/spouse?
12. What are the disadvantages of having a partner/spouse?
13. How do you think a single person spends their time?
14. How is their lifestyle different to a married person?
15. What does your culture think about single parenting?
16. Does your government support single parents?
17. Are most of your friends married or single?
18. How do your habits change when you are single versus when you are in a relationship?