English Speaking Club-Osvita, Meeting #470 “Air Travel”
Time: August 15, 18:30 - 20:00
Place: Voskeresenska St. 23, Department of Documents in Foreign Languages, Dnipro Central Municipal Library
1. How old were you when you went on your first flight? Where did you go?
2. Do you like to travel by airplane?
3. What was the longest flight you have ever taken?
4. What seat do you prefer: window, center or aisle?
5. How and why has air travel become so widespread and so much cheaper in the last 20 years?
6. What are three things you're supposed to do before the flight takes off?
7. What do you like to do during the flight? Does the plane provide anything to do to pass the time?
8. What are some movies you remember seeing on the plane?
9. What do you do when you experience turbulence?
10. Have you ever met anyone or established any relationships during a flight?
11. What should be done with obese people who practically take up two seats?
12. Can you sleep during the flight?
13. Have you ever seen a female pilot? Why do you think that most pilots are men?
14. Would you like to be a flight attendant? What are the benefits and /or downfalls?
15. Are most flight attendants female? Is being a flight attendant considered a good job in your country? What do you think are the qualifications?
16. Are planes really safer than cars? ( A British study shows that flying is 176 times safer than walking, 15 times safer than driving and 300 times safer than a motorbike.)
17. Would you rather have a younger, more beautiful/handsome flight attendant or an older, more experienced one?
18. What are the advantages of traveling by airplane? What are the disadvantages?
19. Do you know someone who is afraid of flying in an airplane?
20. What questions should you ask when buying airplane tickets?
21. What is a group rate?
22. What is a charter flight?
23. What are air miles?
24. What is business class, is it worth the extra money? What is its effect on the world's Climate? How does it compare to first class?
25. What arrangements should you make for pick-up at the airport?
26. What things can you see in an airport?
27. What questions do they ask you when you check-in at the airport?
28. What questions do they ask you when going through immigration and customs at the airport?