English Speaking Club-Osvita, Meeting #471 “Supermarkets”
Time: August 22, 18:30 - 20:00
Place: Voskeresenska St. 23, Department of Documents in Foreign Languages, Dnipro Central Municipal Library
Swipe (your credit card)
• cans- of tuna, peaches
• packages- of sausage, gravy mix
• bottles- of milk, soda
• box- of cereal, cake mix
• jars- of jelly, olives
• cartons- of milk, eggs
• bags- of chips, cookies
• tubes- of toothpaste
• tubs- of butter
1. Do you like supermarkets?
2. How often do you do your grocery shopping?
3. Which are better – big supermarkets or small grocery stores?
4. What are the worst things about your local supermarket?
5. What are the best things about your local supermarket?
6. Do you write a shopping list before you go to the supermarket?
7. Do you ever buy organic groceries?
8. What types of food can you find in the frozen foods section?
9. What types of food can you find in the canned goods section?
10. What do you think of the staff in your local supermarket?
11. Can you always find the things you need in a supermarket?
12. What improvements would make your local supermarket better?
13. Would you like to work in a supermarket?
14. What’s your favourite supermarket and why?
15. Do you think there should be rules for children in supermarkets?
16. What do you think supermarkets will be like in 50 years’ time?
17. How much grocery shopping do you do every week?
18. Do you try to buy healthy food?
19. What are typical things you buy at the supermarket?
20. Do you ever use discount coupons?
21. How could supermarkets be improved?
22. Do you think supermarkets will disappear in the future and we’ll have Internet delivery of the things we need?
23. If you had 2 minutes to fill your supermarket trolley for free, what would you fill it with?
24. Do you think supermarkets should stop selling junk food?
25. What do you think about the confectionary items placed near the cash register to tempt children who are waiting with their mothers?
26. What tips can you think of to make sure you are getting the best buy at supermarkets (e.g. testing the products, using coupons, comparing prices at different stores etc.)
27. Can you name five different sections that can be found in a supermarket? (e.g. dairy products)