English Speaking Club-Osvita, Meeting #499 “Social Problems”
Time: March 5, 18:30 - 20:00
Place: Voskeresenska St. 23, Department of Documents in Foreign Languages, Dnipro Central Municipal Library
1. Are there food kitchens for the needy in your country?
2. Are there homeless shelters in your country?
3. Are there many homeless people where you live?
4. Are there many suicides in your country?
5. Are there nursing homes in your country?
6. Do you know anyone who is homeless?
7. Do you think it's acceptable for parents to use corporal punishment as a means of discipline? Why/why not?
8. Do you think people should be allowed to smoke in public buildings?
9. Have you ever been a volunteer at a hospital?
10. Have you ever experienced discrimination?
11. Have you ever known someone with an addiction?
12. In an overpopulated world, should people be free to have as many children as they want?
13. Is there assistance available to people who are homeless?
14. Is there public assistance in your country?
15. What are some reasons people use illegal drugs?
16. What are some reasons that people become homeless?
17. What are some things people can do to eliminate discrimination and prejudice?
18. What are some ways we can help homeless people?
19. What do you think is the most serious problem in the world? Why do you think so? What can we do as individuals to solve this problem?
20. Do you think in vitro fertilization should be available to parents so they can choose the sex of their child?
21. What types of noise pollution do you hate the most?
22. Who takes care of the elderly when they are no longer able to care for themselves?
23. What should be done about football hooligans?
24. Should drinking be allowed outdoors (parks, squares, streets) as it is in Spain?
25. Is it morally right to spend a lot of money on pets, rather than helping people in need?